Seasonal Harvest Team
Reports To: Farm Managers
FLSA Status: Hourly (Ag Exempt)
The Seasonal Harvest Team’s purpose is to assist in the Harvest and Storage of potatoes in a variety of locations on and off the farm. Available positions include: Harvest Line Graders, Tubers. Truck Unloaders and Spotters, Skid-Steer Operators, Q/A Technicians, and General Laborers.
- To report to work as scheduled, on-time and prepared, physically and mentally able to carry out the responsibilities of your Seasonal Harvest Team position.
- To be able to competently perform all instructions as given by the supervisor. This includes all loading, unloading and field operations.
- While no prior experience is required, you must be 18 years old to apply.
- This Job requires the ability to stand long hours, and reliability is very important.
- For Graders, attention to detail is very important, as you will be sorting potatoes as they are unloaded into storage bins, removing any foreign debris from them
- For Tubers, Q/A Technicians and General Laborers, the ability to lift 25# periodically will be needed.
- The Seasonal Harvest Team’s work schedule is highly dependent on the time of year and weather conditions. Employees will be expected to work as needed, which will require a great deal of flexibility as to the hours per day/week and the times worked. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon.
- This is a seasonal, temporary position.
- Requires the ability to work on-site and in multiple locations and settings.
- Requires the ability to clearly understand basic verbal communication from others.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must have a valid and current operator’s license with a clean record
- Have the ability to Multi-task.
- Must be detail oriented & goal driven
2020 Pay: $12.00 to $15.00 per hour
Catered meals, gas cards, end-of-season bonuses and referral programs are all available.
With Heartland Farms, Inc., you will work as part of a high performing agricultural organization where team members collaborate to get the job done and challenge the status quo to find a better way. We are eager to see how you will make an impact as a member of our organization.