Job Title: Irrigation Technician
The Irrigation Technician reports directly to the Irrigation Supervisor and is responsible for taking the lead on daily operations of irrigation equipment. The Irrigation Technician also completes equipment inspections, routine and scheduled maintenance, and related documentation.
- Daily operation, maintenance and repair of the irrigation equipment (30%)
- Coordinate fertigation and irrigation adjustments as requested
- Calibration of equipment and products used
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those to the supervisor
- Off-season repair and maintenance of irrigation equipment (10%)
- Assist in Seed Cutting, Planting and Harvest operations, as is needed (30%)
- Assist in the Shipping and Handling of the potato crop, throughout the year (15%)
- Off season repair of farm equipment, as assigned (15%)
- Other duties as assigned by the Irrigation Supervisor or Farm Manager
- 2-year technical degree in Electrical and/or Agriculture Related Field
- 2-4 years’ experience in irrigation related field
- Pesticide Applicator License (can be acquired after hire)
- Experience in potato operations, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical repair and maintenance procedures is a real plus for this position
- The ability to work with computers, tablets, and other technology in your daily routine.
- Self-starting and able to work independently
- Detail oriented & goal driven
- The Irrigation Technician’s work schedule is highly dependent on the time of year and weather conditions. Employees will be expected to work as needed, which will require a great deal of flexibility as to the hours per day/week and the times worked. This is particularly true during the Seed Cutting, Planting and Harvest seasons.
- Requires the ability to work on-site and in multiple locations and settings.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Requires the ability to clearly understand verbal and written communication from others in person and by telephone.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
With Heartland Farms, Inc., you will work as part of a high performing agricultural organization where team members collaborate to get the job done and challenge the status quo to find a better way. We are eager to see how you could make an impact as a member of our organization.
Competitive pay w\bonuses available, company provided truck, and an excellent benefits package (health, dental, life, disability, 401(k), and paid time off (holidays, sick days & vacation) await this highly motivated individual.