Bulk Truck Driver
Reports To: Farm Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly (Ag Exempt)
The Truck Driver’s purpose is to transport farm produce and/or equipment to a variety of locations on and off the farm. The Truck Driver is to be responsible for not only driving of the vehicle, but also daily vehicle inspections, routine maintenance items and any and all paperwork.
- To operate vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, observing to all DOT rules and practices while adhering to Heartland Farms, Inc. policies and practices.
- To drive in close proximity with other farm equipment in the field and at storage facilities, operate all bulk truck systems, including live-bottom conveyance systems, tarping systems and other equipment, as required.
- To report to work as scheduled, on-time and prepared, physically and mentally able to carry out the responsibilities of the Bulk Truck Driver position.
- To perform daily equipment inspections and routine vehicle maintenance as required. This is to include fluids, air and equipment inspection and light maintenance, as needed.
- Minimum 2 years driving Potato Harvest Bulk Trucks is preferred.
- Experience driving farm equipment and commercial trucks w\air brakes in similar environments is a plus.
- The Bulk Truck Driver’s work schedule is highly dependent on the time of year and weather conditions. Employees will be expected to work as needed, which will require a great deal of flexibility as to the hours per day/week and the times worked. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon.
- Requires the ability to work on-site and in multiple locations and settings.
- Requires the ability to climb into and out of the Bulk Truck cab, operate tarping equipment and bulk truck unloading mechanism throughout their workday.
- Requires the ability to clearly understand verbal and written communication from others in person and by telephone.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must have a valid and current operator’s license with a clean record
- Detail oriented & goal driven
Pay: $14.50 – $19.00 per hour w\catered meals, gas cards, end-of-season bonus and referral programs available. Our drivers typically can make between $6,500 and $11,000 per season depending on experience and reliability.
With Heartland Farms, Inc., you will work as part of a high performing agricultural organization where team members collaborate to get the job done and challenge the status quo to find a better way. We are eager to see how you will make an impact as a member of our organization.